I think that the environment is an issue that it needs to be look in our society.
I'm not so green, but I make some contributions. I normally walk and recicle things, but many of them I learnt it by myself.
Even though I learnt some things at school, it is very low what they teached me. I learnt more with external sources (e.g. documentaries; forums, campaigns) than in school itself. It's a little bit sad, but I think that most of what you know about helping environment you learnt it by that way.
For example, recicling at school was more like only "recicling papers". In reality, recicling is more than that. Anything can be recicled, but you need imagination for it to happen: broken objects as mirrors, desks, etc, can be used to form artistic things, without needing to buy a new one. Recicling is using anything that is no longer itself usable with many other thing to create somethin new.
Walking is another example, but in my case I realize about its importance when looking other reasons actually. I began walking when I didn't have to much money, or because the place was near home. but when I maked it many times, I realize how it was helping the environment. It was different when they told me why I should begin walking more than when you actually do it.
I think that point is fundamental for changing the point of view in our society about the environment. You do not only need to give the information, but also give the facilities to use, in the city, that information. More than T.V programs focusing in trivial events of X person, give documentaries about the matter. Give more options to go treeking and not so many stabs (e.g. as having to pay to visit a location)
maybe with that we could be greener and greener over time. For me, I will study more, and think what other things I could do for helping the environment.
I think the same that you. It is important to make a change of mentality in people because of that way do recylcing will be a normal thing and not an effort
ReplyDeleteI think that a change of mentality is really difficult today in our society, It's not imposible but I think it's a lot of work.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Felipe, we need a change of mentality in our society about the nature and the environment. Should build more public policies to implement and educate on ecology.
ReplyDeleteBye